Monday, September 19, 2011

2011 Human Freedom Flag ♥



Ten years ago on September 11, 2001 I remember where I was and how I felt like it was yesterday. I remember my grandpa calling my mom and telling her to turn on the news. I was home watching the news with my mom and sisters. I can't describe the pain I felt watching it or how scared I was that with Las Vegas being a huge city that we might be a target. My Grandma worked at Bally's. I didn't want anything to happen to anyone I knew or cared about or for anymore innocent Americans to die at all. The whole situation was heartbreaking. I honestly remember sitting in my room, in my closet.. writing in my diary and praying to god that everything would be okay.

Now here we are ten years later. I am married to an American Hero and got to celebrate the Anniversary of a devastating day with my beautiful family creating a Human Flag with our community. We all five wore red to the event. We were in the second red stripe from the bottom and loved being a part of such a neat event. The morning started off with a cool breeze but as it approached noon it became hot. By the time we all got home we were exhausted and a little burnt. It was a lot of fun though. The flag turned out awesome.

I am very proud to be an American and very proud to be married to my hero who fights for this country ♥



No comments: